Re: I.D. Tag question

[ Karmann-Ghia Forum ]

Geschrieben von Torben am 07. Oktober 2002 21:20:07:

Als Antwort auf: I.D. Tag question geschrieben von Dom am 07. Oktober 2002 15:35:15:

>I have a Sept.1970 ghia coupe from California, which I am currently restoring. During the stripdown process, I found an long, narrow I.D. tag loose in the glovebox, which bears only the chassis number of my car, with a VW badge stamped on either side. The badge has one hole at either end with which to rivet it to the car, but I can't find any place where it may have attached.....! The usual I.D. tag is found by the spare wheel where it should be, with further details such as weight etc. detailed. Does anyone know where this other I.D. tag should fit...? I would love to re-attach it, but can't find any two holes with the correct separation.....Many thanks....dom

Hello Dom,

some time ago, I also had a Ghia from California. This little shield was originally fitted on the top of the dashboard, in the corner of the drivers side. Actually it is only possible to see this shield from outside the car. In the good old days, they installed it, to make the live easier for insurance Agents or workers from the DMV, who had to check the ID of the car.

Greetings
Torben

Antworten:

[ Karmann-Ghia Forum ]